Saturday 5 May 2007

Music


There are alot of different types of genres of music out in the world today and all people are different everybody likes there own stuff. I respect that people are into different music types than me so i dont understand why people dont have the same respect for me.


Media has alot to do with why some music is "bad" and some isnt. For example. Hip-hip/ rap lovers apparently are stereotyped to do alot of drugs. Rock lovers apparently are into committing suicide and are more likely to fail at education.

I researched this for my college work because i felt so strongly that you can not catogrise everybody into the same stereotype.


I love rock music, mostly i love punk rock music and what is now called "emo" but that doesnt mean i go home a slash my wrists with a butter knife or that i take drugs. I think it depends on the person and i wish the media would stop trying to use music as an escape goat. Like when they tried to blame Marilyn Manson for the columbine high school shootings for a sumblimal message on "get your gunn" even though the two teenagers never listened to Marilyn Manson. Its crazy, socity is to blame and the parents!
Some links.

No comments: